Making our country healthier and stronger
Healthcare spending in the United States represents about 18% of the national Gross Domestic Product (GDP) and is projected to rise sharply1. Improving the quality while lowering the cost of health care can greatly improve competitiveness for most aspects of the country. Recombinant By Deloitte's experience in data warehousing and analytics of clinical data provides an opportunity in multiple areas for federally funded programs to improve healthcare and clinical research. We are actively engaged in federal projects including research initiatives.
Recombinant By Deloitte can help federal projects including:
- Establishing clinical data repositories to support research and quality reporting data warehouses and applications to healthcare delivery organizations from national agencies
- Professional open source development, implementation, and support for Federally funded projects
- Our projects on translational medicine within both the pharma and health care delivery organizations allow us to leverage our knowledge to consult on national initiatives to support drug discovery, approval, and health care system reform
- Services to help pilot projects for the infrastructure to create a national biomedical research framework or grid that span multiple sites including roadmap design, governance, and engineering
1 The Economic Case for Health Care Reform, Executive Office of the President, Council of Economic Advisers, June 2009.
Key Federal Facts
• Recombinant By Deloitte has been instrumental in bringing i2b2 (informatics for integrating biology and the bedside) open source technologies from concept to production at academic medical center sites and pharma projects
• Recombinant By Deloitte has experience in developing repositories for large scale analysis of omic data like Single-Nucleotide Polymorphisms (SNPs), gene expression, proteomics, Natural Language Processing (NLP), and clinical phenotypes