Institutions conducting translational research must assemble and maintain a complex and continually evolving set of tools to support the many challenges of executing innovative research. These systems include:
- Clinical data warehouses
- Bio-banking frameworks
- Genomic data management and analysis
- Knowledge management solutions
- Systems and processes to facilitate Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and Institutional Review Board (IRB) compliance
- Collaboration tools and frameworks
While both Health System IT organizations and research informatics teams can support research IT infrastructure neither group provides an effective method for providing a solution. The priority for Health System IT is normally patient care and administrative/financial systems rather than research IT, and they rarely maintain the sufficient specialized experience needed to support research needs. Research informatics groups employ faculty and students who possess ample experience, but their primary educational and research missions limit the resources available to build and operate core infrastructure. And in most organizations, neither of these groups is well positioned to deal with the governance and compliance issues that must be addressed for effectively managing and sharing data across the boundary between the patient care and research domains of an institution.
Recombinant By Deloitte can enable organizations to address the challenges of translational research IT. Recombinant By Deloitte provides overall informatics solutions for translational research at Academic Medical Centers, pharma/biotech firms, and large clinical provider organizations. Through our work with award sites, cancer centers, and other research enterprises, Recombinant By Deloitte has developed the deep experience and specialized tools to rapidly define, implement, and maintain innovative software solutions and infrastructure to power translational research.
Recombinant By Deloitte is completely focused on secondary uses of healthcare data, and on making data strategy a key element of the dialog around translational research. Our experience with data governance and compliance helps organizations develop enterprise strategies to capture, manage, and use data effectively, so that data and tools can be shared in a secure, compliant manner across research initiatives, across the traditional boundary between patient care and research, and among collaborative institutions. Our software solutions enable researchers to (i) have secure, compliant access to clinical data from Electronic Medical Records (EMRs) and other patient care systems; (ii) link phenomic, biospecimen, and genomic data; and (iii) enhance collaboration between investigators.
Recombinant By Deloitte's pragmatic approach and demonstrated delivery model allow us to deliver cost-effective solutions quickly, with reduced risk and lower overall ownership costs. Recombinant By Deloitte's emphasis on open source tools sponsored by institutions and major Academic Medical Centers (AMCs) also facilitates interoperability and collaboration among institutions, increasing the opportunities for innovative translational research.
Recombinant By Deloitte plans, develops, deploys, and manages informatics solutions to support translational research. Going as far back as 1999, Recombinant By Deloitte has provided AMCs, provider organizations, and pharma/biotech companies with a unique combination of strategic consulting, demonstrated IT frameworks—like the Data Trust, professional support for open source products, packaged software, implementation engineering, training, and application support services.
Since each institution has individual needs, Recombinant By Deloitte tailors solutions for each client that integrates existing resources and systems with new software tools and services for planning, development, implementation, and support. Recombinant By Deloitte's work with a wide range of clients gives each individual client the benefit of our experience with many different translational research challenges and tools. By leveraging Recombinant By Deloitte's capabilities, clients achieve faster, more cost-effective project completion with reduced risk, especially when compared with attempting to develop a similar breadth of experience internally for a Do It Yourself (DIY) approach around a full translational research solution.
In addition, Recombinant By Deloitte clients form an active ecosystem. Relationships and dialogues continue beyond the end of a specific project. We actively connect clients with one another to share knowledge and collaborate directly, with or without Recombinant By Deloitte's specific involvement, to advance the goals of each institution and the entire translational research community.
Recombinant By Deloitte's work with clients ranges from short early stage planning projects to multi-year technology implementations. Our core competencies in strategic planning, governance, software development, implementation, and support of IT systems for translational research are an effective complement for client resources in clinical IT, research IT, and informatics. The experience and technology available from Recombinant By Deloitte allows clients to achieve faster implementation of translational research projects with reduced risk, greater value, and lower total costs.
- Create solutions incorporating Recombinant By Deloitte's domain experience in translational research and secondary uses of clinical data
- Leverage leading practices knowledge drawn from Recombinant By Deloitte's relationships with a broad range of institutions across the country
- Integrate leading open source tools, commercial products, and custom development to create innovative approaches to translational research
- Facilitate interoperability for research collaboration across institutions by adopting open source tools widely accepted in the translational research community
- Avoid isolated data silos, minimize duplicated work and wasted resources, and lower compliance risks with Recombinant By Deloitte's enterprise-wide approach to using clinical data to support translational research, clinical performance improvement, and financial objectives
- Accelerate delivery of tangible benefits to stakeholders, improve Return on Investment (ROI), and reduce implementation risk with Recombinant By Deloitte's experience and pragmatic approach to planning and deploying infrastructure and tools for translational research
For more information about how Recombinant By Deloitte's experience in Translational Research can help you plan, build, and maintain infrastructure and tools to make data a critical asset in your program, contact Recombinant By Deloitte at email@example.com.
Challenges of Translational Research IT
• Complex and rapidly evolving requirements for tools to manage and analyze data from a growing variety of source systems
• Increasing emphasis on multi-institution research collaboration and data sharing
• Limited experience and resources to support specialty applications
• Need to build and maintain competitive research IT infrastructure to succeed in grant awards and fundraising
• Complicated requirements to comply with human subjects protections and patient privacy regulations
The Clinical Data Pipeline:
Fueling analytics for researchers and physicians from a single source
Register to Download
Translational Research Services and Solutions Fact Sheet